Wednesday 15 December 2010

The Shy Piece

Have you ever noticed 'the shy piece?' It's the last piece of food that most people are too shy or too polite to take. It occurs when a collective group of people all believe somebody else probably wants it more than they do, or that someone else has already called mental 'dibs' on it. In severe circumstances, this poor piece of food winds up cold to the point of being unappetizing.

I laugh a little inside every time I see one. I might even start a photo collection of them.

A shy piece of salt and pepper squid from my work Christmas party.


Love, Noeline
xox

3 comments:

  1. There's never a shy piece if I have anything to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never ever ever stop blogging :) please! You point out so many things that I've yet to notice in life and I always manage to feel enlightened or giddy after your blog posts. I'm looking forward to hear about Spain because I'm hoping to get into international studies at UTS too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks :)

    good luck with getting into international studies, even if you don't get it the first time, keep trying! some of my friends applied while they had already started 1st or 2nd year uni.

    ReplyDelete