Monday 20 December 2010

Private Parts: Penmanship

I think it's the little things about people that say the most about them. For example, for me there's something intimate, personal and private about people's handwriting. It fascinates me.

As much as technology and computers have simplified the labour of paperwork and filing cabinets - I think it has also impersonalised our personal lives. I mean, when was the last time you wrote something down, like really wrote something down? I've been in a few situations where friends were required to fill something out, only for them to say "Man, I haven't written anything down in ages, I've forgotten how to write!" You might know your best friend's mobile number off by heart, but would you be able to spot their handwriting if you ever saw it?

My boyfriend and I don't interact much over the interwebs. We're a bit more old fashioned, which I love. He leaves notes for me in my room. When he went away on holidays, rather than sending emails he kept a notebook and wrote to me in it, and gave it to me to read when he came back. I always bag him out about how incredibly messy his handwriting is, about how slow he writes and his bad grammar - but truth is I wouldn't have it any other way. It's just so him.






I on the other hand have always held my pen incorrectly. When I was in year four, I was the first person in the whole grade to get my pen license. But if my teacher only saw my handwriting now, she'd probably faint. My handwriting depends on who I'm writing to, my mood, and how much time I have - which makes me a graphologists worst nightmare.

I write like this 90% of the time, especially during uni lectures. It's messy enough for me to write fast, and legible enough for me to guess what it says when referring back to them later.


I write like this when neatness is a priority and I'm probably going to be studying from it later on - like notes on Spanish grammar.


For when I'm feeling fun and laid back.


When I'm in a downright rush.


I press down so hard leave impressions overleaf.


Graphology is the science of analysing people's handwriting to make deductions abut their personality. They'd probably go "fuck this chick" and assign me with multi-personality disorder. Nonetheless, below is a rough guideline for analysing your own handwriting, and that of others if you're privileged enough to see it. Taken from PersonalityQuiz.net

1. Your letters slope,

Backward - indicates that you are shy, hesitant and afraid to show your feelings.

Straight up and down - indicates that you are a person with a strong need for contact.

Forward - indicates that you are reticent and self-controlled.



2. The letters in your words are,

Fully connected - indicates that you are a social person who likes to talk and meet others.

Partially connected - indicates that you are a shy, idealistic person who does not find it easy to have relationships.

Unconnected - indicates that you are a person who thinks before acting, intelligent and thorough.



3. The spaces between your words are,

Wide - indicates that you are reserved, shy, cautious, and thoughtful.

Narrow - indicates that you are a talkative person, maybe even a busybody!

No spaces - indicates that you are impatient and self-confident.



4. How close together are your lines of writing?

Very far apart - indicates that you are isolated, detached and reserved.

Apart far enough that letters do not touch - indicates that you enjoy social interactions and are talkative.

Close enough so that the descendants touch the ascendants - indicates that you like to be organized.



5. What color ink did you choose?

Blue black - indicates that you are rational and conservative. You adhere to conventions and traditions.

Red - indicates that you are spiritual rather than material, and may have a deep understanding of other people's problems.

Light blue - indicates that you are strong, vital, energetic and affectionate. You also have an original approach.



6. How large was your capital I in the sample?

Larger than the other capital letters - indicates that you are a person with a high opinion of yourself, or who wants others to think that you do.

Smaller than other capitals - indicates that you are well adjusted and harmonious, a person content with your current role.



7. What do your t bars look like?

Crossbars tend to be to the left of the stem of the 't' - indicates that you are cautious, possibly uncertain about things.

Cross the 't' more or less in the middle - indicates that you are not very original but quite responsible.

Crossbars tend to be to the right of the stem of the 't' - indicates that you are reliable and conscientious with leadership qualities.



8. Your writing slopes,

Upward - indicates that you are energetic, optimistic, and assertive.

Downward - indicates that you are steadfast, purposeful, and possibly aloof.



9. Which takes the most space vertically in a line of your writing?

The ascenders - indicates that you are idealistic, ambitious, and intuitive.

The middle zone letters - indicates that you are a materialist, and prone to exaggeration.

The descenders - indicates that you have a tendency to be bossy.



10. How much pressure does your writing show?

Fine and spidery - indicates that you are a person of sensitivity, refinement, modesty, and spirituality. You may also be overly critical and austere.

Firm and even - indicates that you are a person of strong but rigid will, obstinate but powerful.

Heavy - indicates that you are a person of energy and elasticity, able to roll with the punches and adapt to whatever life brings.

What does your handwriting say about you?

Love, Noeline
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment