Thursday 14 July 2005

Find someone who understands every word you're NOT saying

Don't go for looks; such an asset fades with time.

Find someone whose personality gets more and more beautiful by the day. Someone amazing. Someone who makes you laugh. Someone who brings a smile to your face. Someone who appreciates you; and understands every word you're NOT saying.

Communication is sensing the sadness in their laugh when something is wrong. It's being able to decipher the unspoken code of body language.

When you find that person cherish every moment with them. Hold them tight and you won't have to worry about letting go; they'll never want to leave.

God put a few bad people in our life so when the right person came along we'd be greatful. The end of one relationship opens the door to better alternate endings with someone else.

Love is a two seated roller coaster. Together, brace yourselves past the downs and enjoy the ups. You can't have one without the other. The best experiences are those towards the end so ride it through.

Take the time to know each other. Take it slow. Safe Speeding - There's No Such Thing. Read every sign. Ask about the ones you're unsure of; remember them. Only then have you driven each other crazy. Crazy In Love.

It's one thing to ask why we break up. Have you ever wondered why it is we fall in love? - Amiel


Since when did it become such a crucial necessity to fall in love? It's been planted deep into our ethics as the only means of a truly wholesome life. I suppose it's something that will never cease to astound me.

Then why is it that an affair bearing such significance, does not have emphasis placed upon it in school teachings? We're there five days a week. They teach us everything from manners to metaphors, from quadric trinomials to periodic tables, from the anatomy of the human body to World War II; everything under the sun except advice and teachings on how to survive out in a world full of dickheads and pricks. After our years of schooling and academic commotion, we're released out into the world with little knowledge of the opposite sex. We're left to fend for ourselves. The subject of love is taught through practical methods, and little theory. It's through this self teaching that we learn some of the most important lessons in life.

We learn to accept that no one is perfect. We learn that pain is synonymous with love. We learn the true meaning of 'actions speak louder than words'. It's one thing to say I love you; and its another thing when you can't find the time to show it. We put an end to our childish selfishness MINE! MINE! MINE!and suddenly need someone to share everything with. Everything means Nothing unless you have someone to share it with. You're road to the top won't mean as much unless you had someone with you every step of the way.

I've been single for a few days now. Fish in the sea here I come! *bellyflops into the water* Lately I've just been 'letting it burn'. My friends wonder how I do it. Why I'm not breaking down at the first sign of reminisent things. How I manage to.. be normal. That's just me. I won't cry myself every night for weeks on end. I won't refuse the nutritional value (not to mention the yummy goodness) of food. I won't deprive myself of sleep. I won't give my friends attitude over my own personal misaps. It's not part of my character to linger in things that no longer exist. I was fine before he came along, and I'll (still) be fine when he's gone.

This is majorly corny, but I still remember how he told me that what attracted him to me was how independent I was. The fact that he's now gone won't change that. People, don't ever change for somebody else; If ever, do it for yourself. Find someone who accepts you as you are.

I don't hate any of my ex's. That's not my style either. I thank them for making my days just that LITTLE BIT more worth living for, during the length of our relationship. I'm thankful for what they've taught me. No regrets.

We were the story of a potential businessman attending work and uni trying to make it work with a stubbourn grade 10 girly girl. At least we tried. It doesn't make him a bad person that he wants to concentrate on family, friends, and his career before myself. We broke down at one of the first signs of uncertainty. The bond we created in the beginning obviously wasn't strong enough to withstand the forces of 'growing up'.

Some couples can grow up together; from teenagers to that old elderly couple that sit on the front porch. Some couples need to be grow apart before they can be together; to learn and achieve things for themselves independently. Some couples just weren't meant to be; and that's okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment