Monday 6 October 2014

How to be happy

I have a tendency to over admire people, who in their own and very different ways, I consider successful.

I admire stay-at-home mums and career mums. I admire self-made billionaires, and people who quit their jobs to travel the world.

There will always be someone I can compare myself to, to make me feel like shit. But more importantly, there are even more people I can compare myself to, to make me feel blessed.

Take the lessons, take the best of them, and let it inspire you.

At the end of the day, I need to remind myself that what I'm really jealous of is their contentment. If I can only stop running in a hundred different races and concentrate on my own, then I too can allow myself the happiness I deserve, that everyone deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment