Wednesday 19 September 2007

When I was 8 I wanted to be a paleontologist.

Like that life defining moment when you can turn the lights on without standing on your tip toes. Like that life defining moment when you first did your own shoelaces.

I have recently experienced another one of these life defining moments. The one where friendships are put to the test and the people you most expected to be there for you, were the first ones to bolt.

I don't know what hurts more. The fact that they didn't mean to hurt me. Or the fact that it came naturally to them.

And yet, I still have the strength to say "It's okay". Because like the paleontologist sifting through dirt, this experience has revealed to me the friendships actually worth their weight in gold, or should I say skeletal remains, or is that fossil traces? … you know what I mean!

So to all the people who supported me over the past few days: THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! You all know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment