Tuesday 25 September 2007

Halfway to K.J.

A few hours ago I was at my high school graduation ceremony. It was meant to be a 'magical moment.'

Yet, I was not overcome with emotion like many of my teary eyed peers. With all the screaming and jumping around, you'd think we were a geeky uniform clad mosh pit… And I was the one who accidentally bought tickets to the wrong concert.

For my own reasons, the fact that I will never see most of these people again delivered me relief rather than dismay. There was a time when, and place where I felt a sense of belonging with my immediate friends and the school body as a whole –which was lost somewhere between the transition from an all girls school to a co-ed (combined education) one.

And it's not that the thought of graduation hasn't 'fully sunk in', because I've been feeling like this for a while now.

I just don't think high school was my scene. Hello world.

Third Eye Blind - Jumper
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in
And if you do not want to see me again I would understand
I would understand
The angry boy a bit too insane
Icing over a secret pain
You know you don't belong
Youre the first to fight
Youre way too loud
Youre the flash of light on a burial shroud
I know somethings wrong
Well everyone I know has got a reason
To say put the past away
I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies that youve been living in
And if you do not want to see me again I would understand
I would understand
Well hes on the table and hes gone to code
And I do not think anyone knows
What theyre doing here
And your friends have left you
Youve been dismissed
I never thought it would come to this
And I, I want you to know
Everyones got to face down the demons
Maybe today
You could put the past away

No comments:

Post a Comment