Sunday 1 January 2006

New Year. New Start. New You.

H A P P Y N E W Y E A R !

A few reminders your mothers have probably nagged you about for years, that I thought I'd repeat...

* Start small... think big.
* Don't underestimate the importance of a little R&R (rest and recreation).
* Before you reach for that packet of chips, block of chocolate, serving of ice cream or piece of cake - ask yourself why?
If it's because you're upset or bored: close the fridge and open your mind - in finding other ways of postponing your problems or passing the time.
* Laughter IS the best medicine. Laughing activates your immune system which helps fight infection.
* Do yourself a favour and have breakfast EVERYDAY.
It helps boost your metabolism.
* If at first you don't succeed try again. The only real mistakes are the ones you don't learn from!

Last but not least, I leave you with a quote I came across in Readers Digest (a magazine, I believe is crammed with pagely servings of food for the soul):

"Do I make the world better today somehow, or do I not bother?"
- Tom Hanks

Best wishes, everyone for the coming year. Make the next 365 days count!

Love Noeline
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment