Sunday 22 January 2006

Inside the mind of a nerd

I can't wait until the commencement of school. Hey, at least I'm honest about it.
I love this season; post-Christmas and kind of pre-Easter. It's that time of year when 90% of advertisements are chock-a-block full in promoting back-to-school sales.
I've had more than six weeks to miss the company of all my friends, bumping into them in shopping complexes aren't the same as that huge get together at school, passing notes during class about the what's ups for the coming weekend, picking at each others food during recess and desperate late night pleas for help with homework.
Today I had the joy of purchasing brand new stationary. There's nothing like a brand new packet of 20 kilometrico pens to inspire you in putting pen to paper, and handwriting the school year away.

And the good news is, my new purchases are right where I left them - in my pencil case; not borrowed and not returned. That won't be for long though. I went through an umpteenth number of pens in my schooling years. Hollywood should make a documentary: "The Secret Life of Pens Gone Missing".

My "spend less money" new years resolution isn't working. During these holidays I've been spending every cent I earn. See, that's what happens when I don't have assignments to distract me. I buy more clothes than the number of times I actually go out to wear them. Life was somewhat better when my mum kept my keycard.

Too much thinking, not enough time to write about them...but in short...
It's funny how some things never change. It's funny how people change. It's funny how things in life work out. Life, overall, is funny. Both ha-ha funny and that peculiar sort of funny.

What's love? We all have our own standards and definitions of it.
Like the 'ideal' size 6, tall legged, immaculate supermodels - we as society tend to conform to the ultimate image of things. But as (I hope) we all know, curves are beautiful, feminine and sexy. Just look at Beyonce Knowles, now there's a woman who knows what's good for her.

In the same respect, we all tend to aim for the fairytale definition of love: a tall dark and handsome knight in shining armour to sweep you off your feet. And unless he's as romantic as Noah from The Notebook, to risk his life hanging off the top of a ferris wheel, or renovate an old run down thing that looked like something from a horror movie into your dream home, with white shutters and a red door - that it isn't love.

Beautiful might be a size 14 with hyptnotizing eyes. Beautiful might be average height with aristocratic cheekbones. Love might be the longing for someone when they're gone, and the time that flies by too quickly when you're together. Love might be as simple as a glance while they walk past you.

If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then love is whatever YOU make it to be. Nobody can tell you otherwise, it's nor right or wrong, it just IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment