Tuesday 31 August 2010

"Quieres ser mi amigo?"

A friend and I were talking the other day about our upcoming move to Spain next year. “I need to learn how to make new friends,” she said.

"Me too!" I chorused. Mind you, we’re third year university students about to turn 21.

"How are we supposed to make friends with Spanish speaking people, when we can’t even make friends with people in our own language?"

"I know! I’m so frigid when it comes to making friends. I never make the first move. I’m so scared of rejection. What if I ask another girl out for coffee after class and she says no? I swear, how do other people do it?"

"And it’s so bad because people see me with friends that I’m already comfortable with, and with them I’m so loud. But when then they meet me I’m shy and they think I’m being snobby, but I’m not!"

So here’s to my friend and I hardening the fuck up. Wish us luck.

Love, Noeline
xox

1 comment: